- Reserved seat tickets can be purchased at the JR Ticket Counter (Midori-no-madoguchi) or JR Travel Service Center (Twinkle Plaza).
- Basic fare tickets for short-distance local train rides can be purchased at the ticket vending machines.
- English is available on some ticket vending machines.
- Credit cards can be used at the JR Ticket Counter (Midori-no-madoguchi).
- Tickets cannot be purchased at Tomamu Station. If you are planning to take a train from Tomamu Station, please purchase a ticket at another station in advance.
- No stopover is permitted for basic fare tickets up to 100 km. Valid for the printed date only.
e.g.) If you go to Otaru Station from Sapporo Station and go outside of Asari Station on the way
【How to purchase tickets】
① JR Ticket Counter (Midori-no-madoguchi) at Sapporo Station
Purchase two basic fare tickets for Sapporo Station to Asari Station and Asari Station to Otaru Station.
② Ticket Vending Machine
・Purchase a basic fare ticket for Sapporo Station to Asari Station at Sapporo Station.
・Purchase a basic fare ticket for Asari Station to Otaru Station at Asari Station.
Where to Purchase Tickets
JR Ticket Counter (Midori-no-madoguchi)
JR Travel Service Center (Twinkle Plaza)
Ticket vending machine
JR Information Desk
How to Purchase Tickets
Please have the following information ready:
- Departure station and arrival station
- Boarding date and time
- Train type (Limited express train / Local train)
- Number of passengers (Adults and children aged 6-11)
- Seat type (Non-reserved seat / Reserved seat / First-class car (Green car) seat)
*Please use the ticket vending machine to purchase tickets for short-distance rides.
How to Use the Automatic Ticket Gate
When entering the ticket gate, please insert your ticket into the automatic ticket gate and take it from the other end. When exiting the ticket gate, your tickets will be collected by the automatic ticket gate. The following tickets cannot be used for the automatic ticket gate. If you have one of them, please show your ticket to a station staff at the ticket gate.
- Hokkaido Rail Pass
- JR Tohoku-South Hokkaido Rail Pass
- JR East-South Hokkaido Rail Pass
- Tickets that have a white or grey surface on the reverse side
If You Miss the Train You Reserved
Reserved seat limited express tickets and the first-class car (green car) tickets will be invalid once the train you reserved has departed, and refunds cannot be made. If you miss your train, you can use a non-reserve seat of the later train on the same day. If you wish to use a reserved seat, you will be required to pay the reserved seat limited express charge again.